OPEN ALL YEAR
As the country is opening backup from lockdown and settling into a new form of normal, we remain the same welcoming hosts as before but are making some changes to ensure the uppermost safety of our guests. We have conducted a thorough Risk Assessment; reviewing every part of our guest house and our processes and made appropriate measures and controls to minimise the risks of infection from Covid-19.
Some of the measures and safety steps we have put in place include:
• Our dining room & entrance porch will have hand sanitizer, wipes and gloves available for all our guests to use.
• All key areas of the guest house will be cleaned and sanitised to government guidelines on a regular basis, including door handles, light switches and regular touch points.
• We will keep our guest lounge open but ask that guests maintain social distancing. We have removed soft furnishings and most games. You are welcome to borrow a book from the bookcase but after use please return to the reception desk and not back on the bookshelves.
• PPE is available for all staff.
• Our normal check-in time is 1600 Hrs and 1900 Hrs, with later arrival times by agreement only. Please advise us of an estimated arrival time when making your booking. This will avoid other guests arriving at the same time and help maintain social distancing.
• As always, we look forward to greeting our guests with a warm welcome but with no handshaking and maintaining social distancing.
• Rooms keys will be sanitised and left in the door locks prior to arrival and keys to be left on the reception desk upon checking out.
• Before your arrival, your room will be deep cleaned and sanitised to a high standard using EU standard BS1SEN14476. All linens will be washed above 60°C
• We have removed non-essential soft furnishings (such as the extra throws and decorative pillows), magazines and leaflets.
• Tea, Coffee and a selection of fruit teas will be available in the room.
• Guests staying for 3 nights or less will not have their room serviced to avoid risk of transmission. If room-servicing is requested we will ensure that any additional measures, to reduce risk, will be implemented as required. Extra toilet rolls will be supplied in the room. All bathrooms will have toilet cleaner and disinfectant wipes for the guests to use. Guests will be asked to leave used cups, glasses, tea pot, teaspoons and teaspoon dish in the box provided outside of their door when leaving for the day. This will be replenished including any extra tea and coffee required and will be left outside of the room by the door in a box. Guests can of course request a change of towels at any time during their stay.
• We have reduced the number of surfaces of transmission as much as possible. Items such as local guides will be rotated at the end of guest stay to ensure it is quarantined before it goes back into the room.
• The room has been re-arranged to maintain social distancing between the tables.
• Pre-set breakfast times will be agreed upon to limit the number of guests in the dining room.
• To provide a high quality, smooth breakfast service we will request breakfasts are pre-ordered the night before.
• Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver our 'pre-starter buffet' selection, until further notice. However, some of these items can now be pre-ordered and they will be delivered as table service.
What is open in the Cairngorms
• Please use this link to help you plan ahead and enjoy your visit - https://status.visitcairngorms.com/
These processes may change as we are required to comply with the latest government guidelines.
We ask that if you are feeling unwell prior to your visit that you follow government guidelines and do not travel
We strive to ensure your stay with us at Kinross House is not only COVID SAFE but also enjoyable & relaxing too. We welcome your feedback or questions about booking with us in this Covid climate, please feel free to email us.
You can check our
availability and book online by clicking here.